Application Deadline: 22 Jul, 17:00
No. of Openings: 1
Consultant shall take a leading role in all aspects of the nutritional component of a project to be conducted in Surkhet, Dang, and Bardiya districts of Nepal, under the auspices of a USAID-funded Livestock System Innovation Lab (LSIL) project, to be implemented by Heifer International Nepal. The Nutrition Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Design a targeted nutrition curriculum, manual and training materials (posters) for use in women’s groups in these districts of Nepal. The curriculum will focus on the benefits of animal source foods (ASFs) to promote child growth and development. Consumption of animal milk and animal milk products (yogurt, curd, etc) by young children 6-66 months of age will be strongly emphasized. Milk and milk products are the most readily available and widely accepted form of ASF for young children in this region. Furthermore, the stated goal of the project is to increase milk consumption among these young children. The curriculum will be incorporated into ongoing community development activities. It is envisioned that the curriculum will have 7-10 modules, including didactic and practical components. These modules will be presented in an intense manner over a period of ~2-3 months, with a series of refresher trainings given over a period of 9-10 months (total, 1 year).
- Design a Training of Trainers (ToT) curriculum to prepare community facilitators to administer this curriculum. Design appropriate refresher course.
- Conduct the TOT sessions. This TOT curriculum will be given over 2-3 days
- Conduct nutrition training in several groups to the participating women in the beginning.
- Conduct at least 1 supervisory visit during periodic training/ interaction session at group level to verify proper delivery of nutrition message in such training/ interactions.
- Liaise with Heifer field staff during research period to verify monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Participate in analysis of mid-term results; be prepared to revise and re-implement TOT if needed.
- Assist with analysis of final results, review and contribute to manuscripts prepared for publication.
- Present and disseminate results as approved by Heifer Nepal.
At Least Master Degree in Human Nutrition or equivalent in relevant subject, with more than 5 years of experience in working with child nutrition and growth. The consultant shall submit the recent CV.
HOW TO APPLY
- The consultant should submit the quotation via email by 5:00 PM of 22nd July,2019 to the address as mentioned below clearly mentioning the title Consultant-Human Nutritionist
- All VAT/PAN registered (VAT Registered Preferred)
- Price should be mentioned inclusive of all the applicable taxes.
Heifer International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any/all submitted quotation without assigning any reason.